Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring cleaning..

I have decided to do some major spring cleaning, and not just my dirty house but my life. My friend the other day reminded me about a book that talks about emotional bank accounts and people/things that drain it. I have several of those in my life and I justify fighting for them due to length and past closeness of the friendship but to be honest they haven't been beneficial or good for me for a few years. I really am drained..tired of caring, fighting for people that I only hear from when it's convenient for them. I need to toughen up, get a thicker skin...how do I do that? I'm letting other people affect me so much, even letting them take away the good things that I have going on..and this is a problem I have every year! Ugh!

"You get whoever you end up with. Whoever is willing to stick by you, and fight for you, when everyone else is gone. And it ain't always who you expect. But you just have to make do."

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm in Las Cruces right now, but I don't have your number with me :( I should have added it to my phone! I hope you're having a great week and doing some fun spring break things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I will add your number now.. It was such an emotional visit. And your post is totally 100% right on! I have the same problems... :) I will be back in a few months and then we can hook up! Thanks for posting such inspirational words. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, me too! I re read your post again, and had to say again that I so understand. I wish I knew how to keep the bank account balanced, you know? And how to refrain from letting those people take out more than they put in. It's so tough. For me, I have such attachments to one person in particular, that it seems like I am always the one communicating the most, and putting in the most energy into the relationship. :-/ Guess it has something to do with developing grounded-ness and empowering yourself. Wish they just had a pill for that hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew the answer for both of us...I finally just let the friendships end but am still struggling with it and the loss. However, I do have to recommend just doing it because I feel like a weight has been lifted...relationships shouldn't be that hard, stressful or draining!
    We both need to see our value and surround ourselves with people that appreciate it, not just take it for granted!
    Are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy. Thanks for stopping by you fabulous gem!